RE: Tape backup for 18Gb drive?

I do, and it works well except one problem I do not really understand why I
have:

If I take the backup on files on the same PC as i have the Writing CD-drive
on, it goes a lot faster (and it is not transfer time, seems to be directory
search table build time) than when I copy files on another computer.