Re: Tape backup for 18Gb drive?

Look at OnStream:

http://www.onstream.com/

They have 30GB, 50 GB and 70 GB SCSI tape drives. They're relatively
inexpensive and very fast. Their first round of software was not very good,
but the latest release is significantly improved. They say backup rates can
be as high as 7 GB per hour. I tend to see about 5-6, which isn't too
shabby. It slows down if you use compression (which is done in software),
but given the size of the tape cartridges, there really isn't much need to
do that for most systems.

Allan