Re: Stock broker API...

Hi, Brooks.

I had lots of stability problems with CT 2.06 and 2.07 on WIN2000 RC2, but
after I bit the bullet and spent a weekend hacking my way back to NT 4 SP
6a, (Microsoft really makes it a challenge to downgrade), I've not had any
problems.  I gave up on WIN 98 for any serious work after my experiences
with TS 2Ki.  NT evidently handles memory much more reliably than do its
predecessors.  I've been keeping CT 2.07 up for about 9 hours each day.  I
shut it down about 3pm PST each day.  It has been working without any
crashes (just the odd server disconnections which are quickly fixed by
disconnecting and reconnecting the effected server).   I'm still in the
process of learning to use the CT interface, so I'm probably not hammering
it as steadily as a more experienced trader might, but as far as I can tell
with about 150 orders a day in demo mode, it is quite solid.

I've also moved my eSignal based alerts and market health monitoring
spreadsheets to a 2nd PC, so all I'm running with CT 2.07 on my primary PC
is CT 2.07, IE5.1 browser, Eudora email, and Online Trading Academy's "Hear
Me" based remote mentoring program.  I've also moved mIRC (connected to
Cybercorp's #cyberchat virtual trading room) to my secondary PC.    I did
all this after a few days of running NT 4 SP6a with everything listed above
on my main PC, so I don't think my crashes in WIN2K were just because it
was overloaded with all those apps.  I moved the apps over mainly to ensure
that I was getting the best possible performance out of my primary PC
during the trading day.    So far, it all works quite well.  The two PCs
are on their own little LAN with my cable modem.

My primary PC has an AMD K6-2 400 CPU with 256 MB of RAM running WINNT 4
SP6a.  The secondary PC has a P-233 MMX CPU with 64 MB of RAM running WIN98
SP1.  My internet connection is Rogers@xxxx cable modem.

Regards,
Ullrich