Re: E Mail Notification

Hi Rick:

I have fooled with TradeStation's email signals for about 2 weeks now. Here
is my experience so far:

Earlier this month I discovered that my cell phone was capable of receiving
emails. So, I enabled the email functions and chart windows in TS2k and set
it up to email my cell phone with system trading signals.

Big mistake: First few days were a disaster - the program would attempt to
send dozens emails all at once - you know how rapidly those "market
conditions have changed" pop-up windows can proliferate all of a sudden.

Anyway, the sudden mass of outbound emails in a computer that was already
starved for resources because of TS2k proved too much. The whole thing would
crash every 20 - 30 minutes (requiring a cold reboot) and my cell phone
wouldn't shut up. Total mess.

New, enlightened, approach: Now I visually check the "active orders" window
in the STCC periodically. I use the information from there to manually set
alerts in a separate quote window. I then enable email alerts in that quote
window.

So far, this new approach seems to be working much better. No more crash and
re-booting in the middle of the day. And my cell phone now only beeps a few
times a day - only when its important.

In my casual observations, I'd guess that the time delay between the
triggering of an alert and the beeping of my cell phone is long about 2 - 10
seconds

BTW: WinBeep is pretty-much useless with TS2k  if you have an internet based
datafeed - unless you have a second modem, second phone line, and lots of
free system resources.