RE: Adding TS 2000i

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, M. Simms wrote:

> Together with other software running at the same time (over 10 services in
> the bottom bar !)
> TS2000i SP3 runs large backtests fine under Win98.....PII/450 + 256mb ram +
> UDMA hard drive.

OK - what's your secret? With SP3 under NT4, I've crashed about 20 times
today with just two small workspaces. Here are the symptoms of the day:

Reboot, start server, wait a while, Fire up TS100, "open previous ws's".

One or more charts say "No data available for the selected date range",
even though all 3 charts have EXACTLY the same data, over EXACTLY the same
date range. [oops - gives one the usual sinking feeling of impending
trouble] Go to offending chart, click data, looks OK, click OK, says
"Waiting for data", and chart finally comes up.

Aha, I think, I can finally get to work. Try to add another indicator to
a chart, crunches a while, and CRASH - good old Dr Watson does his thing
again, dumping info about the crash.

Repeat the above with minor variations.

After a while, I even completely redo the workspace, as per the usual
generic Omega advice: "Get new data, redo all your workspaces, reinstall
TS, reboot, and maybe that will fix it." Nope - still there.

Some people count sheep to try to get to sleep. My mind has Dr Watson
screens coming up - first one, then another, and another, and another,
into the wee hours of the morning :-).

Hey, folks, sheep are better...

Bahhhhh... Bahhhh....       [the sheep don't like it either]

What do you do to get it to work? I'd sure like to know...

Larry