Re: TS.com privacy - anyone care? [Off Topic]

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: TS.com privacy - anyone care? [Off Topic]
  • From: "Monte C. Smith" <montecs@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 16:56:20 -0800

I read a recent article about 'web bugs' which can be used to obtain
more personal info about you than cookies can. See the "Cookie Leaks
Security Hole" and "Web Bugs FAQ" at
http://www.tiac.net/users/smiths/

>From the Web Bugs FAQ:
1. What exactly is a Web Bug?

    A Web Bug is a graphics on a Web page or in an Email message that is
    designed to monitor who is reading the Web page or Email message.
Web
    Bugs are often invisible because they are typically only 1-by-1
pixel     in size.

Sorry for off-topic post.

Monte

Larry Wright wrote:
> As more people learn about the massive attempts to gather personal
> information via the net, there is a growing concern about privacy.
<snip>
> Many programs have been caught sending back personal and private
> information to the company database. TS.com is in a perfect position to
> do this as well.
<snip>