RE: TS 3.5 --> 4.nn path

Jim

If you install build 21 all you need is build 23 or 24 to get going. Build
24 fixes some of the formatting problems that were in 23.  I haven't had any
trouble with memory leaks from either. If you don't use the newsreader you
don't need to go any further, as of now. There is also an updated TS_Kit.dll
on Omega's download site.

TS4 setup doesn't give you many options other than the things you mentioned.
I imagine if you edited the ini files you could delete a lot of things after
it is installed. You do have an option to run or not run the news server.

Most of that commentary junk is built into the canned indicators. Most have
3 or 4 lines of code and several hundered lines of 'AtCommentaryBar' code. I
don't remember if you are required to let it overwrite the 3.5 versions or
not. If not, don't.

I don't know if you can run BMI Server 3.5 and 4 on the same computer. I
think they would try to use the same ini files and would point 3.5 to 4.0's
paths and settings. If you use NT you could install 2 copies of NT and
select which copy to load at bootup. You could then load 3.5 in one copy and
4.0 using the other. That way both would use the same dongle but have their
own seperate ini files. To use 3.5 you would have to shutdown TS4 and
reboot. Using a different networked computer for each would probably work
better if you have a way to do that.

TS4 setup seems to search all the drives/directories in your computer for
anything it can convert to 4.0 format. It is best to back up to something it
can't get to.

ghm