Re: CPU at 100% utilization with TS2K PE

Many thanks! I still think it is possible that the
problem have to do with DLL misuse or wrong version.
Designer test runs may be based on a designer test
build only for a small portion of the system that is
relevant to the test, with the rest stubbed out. It is
also likely that the designer's machine (which has C++
installed) doesn't have Internet connection so he has
to transfer the test build to a machine that has (but
doesn't have C++ installed). QA test runs are based on
the builds of all components but QA machnines typically
don't have C++ installed. Any MS software expert has
more clues?

I suspect that there is another interference with MS
programming languages: automatic HistoryBank
downloading causing GS to be hung. In this scenario,
CPU use is 0%. Few users reported this problem about
SP4 since most don't have a MS programming language
installed.

> Alan Mi wrote:
>
>> I suspect that SP4 PE calls a DLL that happens to
have the same
>> name as one that is used in
>> MS compilers and the MS DLL's directory is in NT
serach path.

> Can't be.  Any developer would stumble across that
immediately on
> his first test run and change the name of his DLL.
Even in the
> buggy OR world, their developers have to make at
least ONE test run.