Re: TS2000i SP3 Y2K Bug

>> ... year to "01/01/99", you get "01/01/100".
> If they did use double precision, there would BE NO
> PROBLEM, and we would have a civilized 2000, just
> like everyone else does. It would be MUCH less
> trouble for us all.
> Let's hear it for double precision....

Along your suggestion, either use double precision for
dates only, or else the memory would be in twise as bad
a shortage in the light of memory demanding
applications like RadarScreen. Think of it. We want to
load at least 5 trading days of 1 minute bars for each
of the 500 symbols in a RS window, as a typical use
example. We would want to go 1,500 symbols for 10 days
if we hadn't already dipped so deep into the virtual
part of the memory use.

If we use double precision for dates only, why don't
introduce in a date type just for dates? Floats for
dates are innately clumsy anyway. Keep in mind though,
EL tries to shy away from typing, to preserve the Easy
word in the name of the language.

That's my reservation on this initiative.