Re: TS2000i SP3 Y2K Bug

On Sat, 1 Jan 2000, Chris Baker wrote:

> Perhaps this is Omega's version of "Julian" dates - that is if you add a
> year to "01/01/99", you get "01/01/100".

It is because TS does NOT use double precision - single precision does
not have enough, well, precision to do dates such as 20000809. Makes
several aspects of date handling more difficult.

If they did use double precision, there would BE NO PROBLEM, and we would
have a civilized 2000, just like everyone else does. It would be MUCH less
trouble for us all.

Let's hear it for double precision....

Larry