Re: ROS Downloading

In a message dated 12/2/99 7:53:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
options@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> My problem is unwanted ROS downloading at the end of the day.

Tom:

This is a long standing problem and both DBC and Omega deny that it is their
fault or that it is "widespread." Nonetheless, DBC has replicated it in house
and Omega's refresh data has had twenty minute outages (the time it takes to
reboot and fine-tune signal and TS) at the exact times that I have (they
blame sunspots :). Both DBC and Omega have been useless in trouble shooting
the problem. My experience is that it is usually daily data collection that
triggers the ROS download. Check "system status" in the server and see if
there is a particular collection that matches up in time with the spontaneous
downloads. If there is you may wish to change the collection times (server,
tools, symbol universe setup) so that you don't have everything collecting at
once. I had particular trouble with the nighttime bond collection (ZB).
Misery loves company, I hope this helps.

Bill Wynne
SmartTrades.com