Re: Memory Leaks and TS4 v24

On Nov 29,  3:56pm, ClauPac wrote:
> Subject: Memory Leaks and TS4 v24
> To all TS4 users:
>
> with TS4.0 ver24 I use NT4.0 and sp4 and I did not experience ANY memory
> leaks running
> Real Time since it was installed or any other problem.
>
> If you have memory leaks I suggest to look somewhere else, example:
> IExplorer v4.0
> was giving me some problems regardless of the software that I was running
> but not anymore with v5.0.

Maybe NT makes things better, I dunno.  But I saw memory leaks
on a 64 meg. Win98, WSIE 5.0 400mhz system, running both TS$ v23 and v24,
and didn't see them with v19.3 (not sure of its exact designation).
I also changed from Win95R2 to Win98 at the same time I upgraded
to TS4 v238, so thought at first it might be an incompatibility with win98.
The memory leaks show up with warnings like "running
dangerously low on system resources", and eventually the system hangs.
I saw this after about a week of continuous operation.  I was running
little else on the system during that time.  I did change a few studies,
do some Power Edititng, etc., but nothing I'd call major.  I run
Norton Anti-virus auto-protect, and even tried disabling that, but
still saw memeory shortages.