Re: Memory Leaks and TS4 v24

the key to leak is by changing a chart's loading parameters
or load different time frames from within a chart that is already
defined.

e.g. you have a chart of dsp9z, 5 min, loading 60 days.
then you switch the time frame to weekly, then back
to 5min then to 10min, etc.

plus, if you draw a lot of drawing objects, and delete them,
and drawing more on the chart again, which is very very
common for discretionary traders, then memory also
leak quite a lot depending on the type of object you draw.

I have TS4 b23 running together with someone in asia
running TS b24 - the problem is confirmed to happen
worst in W98, better in W95 and no problem in W3.1
and minor leak in WNT. These configurations all running
ONLY TS4 with nothing else installed, as we need
to stablize a trading machine to run at least 5 days in
a row without crash or freeze ... no time to do rescue work
during business days!

the problem is reproduce-able, and only if you do the
above 2 actions, otherwise you would not notice.
If there are some more actions in TS4 that will cause leakage
please post it here so everybody can avoid it.

In fact, most windows programs leak memory including
MS Word, MS Excel, as the MFC used in those programs
(including TS) is still a work in progress, as far as I know.
The lucky thing is WinNT will automatically kill ALL the
memory allocated by an application at the termination of it.

-Lawrence Chan