Re: omega-digest Digest V99 #559

Sounds like you want to talk to the Dynastore people
(Ron Dawes on the list).  But I don't klnow if they'd be willing to

 Subject:           Need help re. BMI data transmission formats
    Date:           Fri, 26 Nov 1999 18:52:11 -0800
    From:           "Carroll Slemaker" <cslemaker1@xxxxxxxx>
      To:           <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>

I'm in the middle of a finger-pointing match (Omega: "It's BMI's fault."
BMI: "It's Omega's fault.")  Therefore, I'll have to solve the problem
myself, or at least get solid evidence of whose problem it is.

Will someone who is familiar with the format of the BMI cable data
transmissions please contact me?  In particular, I need to know what
code or
bit of information in a data transmission is used by Omega to
distinguish an
actual trade (a price update) from a "refresh" transmission.  The latter
is
simply a periodic retransmission of the most recent price and does  NOT
represent a new trade.  New trades are inserted (by TradeStation) into a
tick chart;  "refresh" transactions are not.

Thanks loads.

Carroll Slemaker