Another Book Review

Some of you may know of Dr. Edward O. Thorp. Originally a faculty member in
the Math Dept. at M.I.T. (this guy actually taught my first calculus
class), he became well known for his book about BlackJack, "Beat the
Dealer." He's moved on to finance (naturally); in fact, he's profiled in
Worth magazine (September 1999, P. 39). He's also mentioned prominently in
"The Predictors," a review of which I posted previously.

One of Ed's earlier books is "The Mathematics of Gambling." I've just come
across an on-line, downloadable Acrobat (.pdf) version of this book at:

http://www.bjmath.com/bjmath/thorp/tog.htm

Enjoy!

Allan