Need help re. BMI data transmission formats

I'm in the middle of a finger-pointing match (Omega: "It's BMI's fault."
BMI: "It's Omega's fault.")  Therefore, I'll have to solve the problem
myself, or at least get solid evidence of whose problem it is.

Will someone who is familiar with the format of the BMI cable data
transmissions please contact me?  In particular, I need to know what code or
bit of information in a data transmission is used by Omega to distinguish an
actual trade (a price update) from a "refresh" transmission.  The latter is
simply a periodic retransmission of the most recent price and does  NOT
represent a new trade.  New trades are inserted (by TradeStation) into a
tick chart;  "refresh" transactions are not.

Thanks loads.

Carroll Slemaker