Options - Off Topic

Just some quick thoughts and questions as we approach the end of the year
  and possible Y2K scenarios. With over a little more than a month to go,
is
  it too early to tell unusual pricing activity and volume in some options
  classes?  I'm thinking more along the lines of  OEX and S&P deep out of
the
  money January strike puts. Or as we approach closer to the end of the
year,
  for those you who actively trade in the money and out of the money
classes,
  will you be able to detect unusual pricing that does not fit normal
market
  activity, VIX, and pricing models?  That some other element is being
"priced
  in." I just think that it might be worth following early - and veteran
  traders will be able notice that something "just isn't right or extremely
  unusual in the prices."  This could apply to options classes for stocks
  too.

  Is it best to try and put on a January straddle and risk an extra month's
  time premium now while things are relatively quiet(up until today)?

  Will we be able to tell what the smart/big money is doing through
options,
  Bonds?

  And finally, anyone want to take a guess as to where VIX will stand on
the
  last trading day for the year - or leading up to the year, and how
"normal" or   "abnormal" it will be in relation to normal pricing and the
market?