Re: Rollover workarounds for TS?

the best you can do is:
Build your historical testing ascii database:
- pick a bar interval for your database, 1 min for instance.
- export your contract data to to ascii, easy to do by writing a file dump
in EL.
- merge individual contracts manually ( cut/paste ) or use fileappend for
automatic
  operation.
- when back adjusting data you can use different  contract merging
techniques.
  your system code could contain rollover exit / reentry signals, no
backadjusting necessary
 in this case or you can set up "ave tick volume match" rollover fairly
easily by using
 data1, data2, dataN setup and dumping into a file from multiple data
streams.
- keep your "SP rollover" workspace saved and ready to be used at any time
- if you get holes in data, write it down in your database log, patch data
and append it
  to your ascii database. same thing for bad ticks.
Maintain your database:
- keep appending contracts to and archiving your ascii database as you go.
- the best way is to use 1 minute ascii so that you can build any bar data
from it.
- back it up as you go along.
Use it:
- use ascii database for historical testing and real time data for trading
and appending
to your database.
Val.