Re: Rollover workarounds for TS?

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, tony varela wrote:

> i have been renamimg the contract and then adjusting by a multiplier (see
> server)based
> on the closing ratios of the old/new.

I tried this on a pair of old contacts (not brave enough for the current
ones :-). It *does* work, but requires a careful series of dangerous
delete and rename operations. One has to be careful because there is
undesired data at *both* ends of each contract. Part way through my first
try, I got a phone call, forgot a step, and the data went ka-blooie. Good
thing I made a backup.

I checked in TS2k, and the operation seems to be done through the 'split'
field in the data base. OK for stocks, I guess, but there is NO split
field in futures data. Makes it a bit hard... Can one add a split field to
futures data without fouling anything up in TS2k? Anyone tried this in
TS2k?

There's gotta be a better way :-)...

I do appreciate your workaround, though.

Thanks much,

Larry