Rollover workarounds for TS?

Rollover time is coming up soon, and I am reminded of how hard it is to do
data manipulation with TS. I like to have a bit of rollover data when a
new contract starts - a continuous contract that can be run in *real
time*.  JimO has been kind enough to provide this for the S&P, and it
would be nice for other contracts as well.

Does anyone know of a workaround that would allow older data to be either
inserted into the TS server (preferred) or read by EL (from file?) until
some rollover date? The EL route might be a kluge, but workarounds often
are :-).

The easy way, of course, would be for TS to have a server capability for
ASCII out/export and in/import for TICK data as well as daily data. I've
been asking for this basic capability for many years, but I get, instead,
more eye candy...

Am I the only person that finds this useful?

Larry