RE: Optimized sys. diff results diff stocks.

I believe this subject is one of much debate and personal style. I myself
believe in buying only on systems that are profitable over a huge amount of
stocks for a long time period including some dips. This belief comes from
the fact that with todays computers you have the capability to screen and
test and optimise so many systemes that if you optimise by stock, you are
bound to find a number of systems that are actually just coincidence. I look
at similar proftability parameters as those you describe, but do not forget
unsuccessful buys in a row, since that normally takes some self confidence
out of the trader, just as maximum drawdown.

Since the market ha been in uptrend for a long time, it is a lot easier to
find systems that looks profitable going long. If you are going to optimise
by stock, then I believe you should allow yourself quite small changes in
optimisation parameters outside of the possible selfadoptation parameters
within the system itself, and only believe in systems that work well when
they are going short (less risk for coincidence since that market is less
frequent), and in periods where the market includes a lot of moves in the
"wrong" direction.

Limiting yourself in the way as I do might reduce the possibility to find
some very profitable system setups, but keeps you believing in the systems
you have, you know that in the long run they have been working in the right
direction.