RE: Strange EL bug in SP3?

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, M. Simms wrote:

> Sounds very strange....but there is an easy workaround.....
> just copy the code via Ctrl-C (after highlighting it).....
> then create a new Function or indicator....with the DLL references already
> removed..

I had done as you suggested - at one point I thought there might be some
hidden linkage that is preserved, so I copied the text *only* to an
entirely new indicator to avoid any hidden problems. Had about 4-5
versions at one point :-).

I finally found the problem. One of the subroutines (unfortunately nested
three deep :-) is used only in this one indicator, and is *slightly*
different from the one used in several other indicators. The name is
almost the same, and it was a while before I noticed it. This sub passes
values to globals, and was the cause of the "DLL not found" error. I
normally don't like to bury things in subs, for the reason that just
happened <g>.

This was my error, obscure as it was, and not an EL bug.

I do appreciate your suggestion, and it was one of the things I tried
along the way.

Thanks much,

Larry