Re: Larry Williams and System Writer

"M. Simms" wrote:

> I read that too....with amazement.
> I believe he will be in for a nasty surprise in about 6 weeks.........
> some people just can't change their ways........until forced to do so.

I assume you mean the persistent use of system writer. As far as the
time frame, many of what i consider to be the better sample systems
which ship with our software also trade a short (non-daytrading) time
frame like this, entering intraday based on stop prices determined at
the end of the preceding day's trading. More often than not, systems
with exits on close actually perform better in this time frame than
exits on stops (profits run...even for a short time).

If everyone missed my prior plug and don't know who i am....let me
reintroduce. My company offers free trials of a full featured version of
Byte Into The Market software. The sample systems mentioned above do
install with the trial version and you are all welcome to come take a
look. You'll find more systems there than you'll see here in many
months. There are plenty of systems in there which fit the above
description. The software has the tools necessary to design, test and
implement systems using intraday transaction based on EOD prices.

Here is some information-links on the company and the release

The primary website is http://www.tarnsoft.com/

To see a copy of the email announcement of the release (sent to people
who requested notification, took part in our beta tests etc) go to
http://www.tarnsoft.com/announce2x.html

For downloads http://www.tarnsoft.com/dwnload.html

For a summary list of features http://www.tarnsoft.com/features.html

A new page based largely on questions coming from people on the
omega-list
http://www.tarnsoft.com/scrshot.html

(i'll be sure and post a new visual faq tonight on this capability for
using systems which transact intraday based on EOD prices)

This is EOD (data) software, so it's not for everyone. EOD (data using)
traders should find checking this out worthwhile. For you realtime
traders, we are developing a realtime version. So it is worth a look
anyway. In fact, people interested in the realtime beta testing can
contact us.

This is a 100% free no-strings trial. You don't give us a credit card or
even personal information, other than a valid email address to get a
password. The software installs in data limited mode (you can only use
the sample data). If you submit a valid email and a code from the
installation, you will be returned a password so you can test it for 30
days on your own data.

Hope this helps some of you frustrated EOD (data using) traders unhappy
with current state of TS

-- Tom Kohl (Tarn Software)