Re: Trying to optimise beacktesting but Tradestation do not have the feature

Byte Into The Market software does this very nicely and we have just
started issuing free 30-day full featured trials of the software. Yes I
have an interest in the software.

The software can chart buy-sell signals for one or more trade systems on
a single chart. It has a full featured trade system editor (and ships
with over 30 samples built in the editor). To test any charted system on
multiple securities, just click a charted system's "pane color button"
to select it, click the multiple security test icon on the icon bar,
specify which securities you would like to test and criterea for ranking
them and away you go. When the tests are complete, you get a report with
ranked securities and hypertext links. Click on a link for the security
of interest and you get a new chart for that security with the trade
system charted. Meanwhile the report automatically gets put up on the
"local desktop" where it resides as an icon. Now you can look at your
new chart and get the report back when you need it again.

To tweak parameters, what i usually do is make a copy of the system
(select "copy element" from "edit" menu), and drag-and-drop it into a
new chart pane. This way, when I'm done editing I can compare the
signals for the two systems visually. Click on the system's pane button
to select it. Click the Edit icon on the icon bar. The system opens in
the editor. Make your changes (tweak parameters) and click chart. There
you go. Now just repeat the procedure for running a test on multiple
securities with the new system selected. Now you'll have 2 reports (with
access to both) of all the tests run and two charted systems. There is a
geting started help topic which covers multiple-security testing. Well
that's enough for now. I'm sure this is going to generate some
discussion.

Here is some information-links on the company and the release

The primary website is http://www.tarnsoft.com/

To see a copy of the email announcement of the release (sent to people
who requested notification, took part in our beta tests etc) go to
http://www.tarnsoft.com/announce2x.html

For downloads http://www.tarnsoft.com/dwnload.html

For a summary list of features http://www.tarnsoft.com/features.html

This is EOD software, so it's not for everyone. EOD traders should find
checking this out worthwhile. For you realtime traders, we are
developing a realtime version. So it is worth a look-see anyway. In
fact, people interested in the realtime beta testing can contact us.

This is a 100% free no-strings trial. You don't give us a credit card or
even personal information, other than a valid email address to get a
password. The software installs in data limited mode (you can only use
the sample data). If you submit a valid email and a code from the
installation, you will be returned a password so you can test it for 30
days on your own data.

Hope this helps some of you frustrated EOD traders unhappy with current
state of TS

-- Tom Kohl (Tarn Software)