Re: Software Testing Team; Beta testing

----- Message d'origine -----
De : <TradeWynne@xxxxxxx>
À : <prosys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <idf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc : <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé : lundi 8 novembre 1999 22:11
Objet : Re: Software Testing Team; Beta testing

> I looked into Beta testing several years back. The trouble is, if you are a
> pro trader, you will not use the Beta in real time....If you are making a
> living trading, why in the world are you going to risk profits on unproven
> crash prone software? Even PO, who makes at least part of his living selling
> TS2K, admits he is not willing to risk using TS2K in real time.

I never said that:
===========
I only say that I do not use TS2000i realtime because of the lack of SP Comstock Xpress feed compatibility.

I use TS4 with Comstock 19.2 kb feed because I cannot do differently here in Europe.

Xpress feed TS2000i interface has been recently dropped out by Omega Research, and you should better understand  why
if you read James Fulton's post  of today.

We ( not me!) are currently building the SP ComStock Xpress feed / TradeStation2000i interface  and we expect to have it working this year.
Beta test will start soon here , and the interface should be available through SP ComStock London, probably also available through SP ComStock elsewhere, but I cant say for the moment ( I'm not SPComstock)

It is not a dataconverter à la Dynastore or Omnnicom, but the real thing, reading Xpress feed directly into the Prosuite Global Server, without limitations.

I'll keep you informed of the results when the interface will be ready for use and secure enough.

This should satify the needs of most of us if the interface is reliable and hopefully connected to ComStock on the Net too.

This also will make the transition before the  new web based  tradestation.com data / software availability.

> If you were ever brave enough to try a fresh TS upgrade on the first release
> you know they rarely even get the symbol universe right. I've seen errors in
> stuff like the Dow. This tells me NO actual traders are in the Beta pool.

There are traders who beta test Prosuite realtime, but I'm not one of them (see above)

Sincerely,

-Pierre Orphelin
Neurofuzzy Logic tools for TradeStation
Free evaluation versions and competitive upgrades available
web: http://www.sirtrade.com