Re: FW: Next Open overhead ? ...NOW I see the problem and thesolution

-----Message d'origine-----
De : TradeWynne@xxxxxxx <TradeWynne@xxxxxxx>
 >> Can you explain WHY all of the hoopla regarding NEXTOPEN.DLL ?
>
>I have not used it, but apparently it can do things EL cannot, like use
OPEN
>NEXT BAR with a data2 setup.
>

>>  Now I am confused as to it's usefullness !!
>>
>>  What can it do that EZ Language cannot do other than retrieve a future
>price
>>  from a current bar....which is a "no-no" from a systems trading
perspective

Nextopen DLL ( and next data price DLL) are useful if you want to use  the
word "close and open of tomorrow in the same system, what TS does not allow.

Also, it can be used for backtest prurposes ( for example with intraday data
when you need to know for sure what  is the last bar of the day   and need
to exit on close : some intraday data are not closing at the end of session
but sometimes a few minutes before).

An other use is for building training data for AI software ( you can read
price in advance from currentbar).

Obviously, the DLL can be used for building historically well performing
systems.
In this case, this is more a problem of jailhouse than a programming one if
you sell the crooked system.

PO
www.sirtrade.com
We also sell a DLL that reads anything any bars in advance.