Re: Thoughts on Omega & WOW

Oh, you guys are such cynics!

The acquisiton may make sense, and much as we have a
"love-hate" relationship with Omega Research, we DO at
least want them to remain alive.  Don't we?

In acquiring WOW, Omega is eliminating at least one
competitor.  A lot of Microsoft's acquisitions were less
to gain the people + products, and more to just get
rid of a competitor.  It's hard to put MSFT and Omega
in the same thought, but at least on this point, ...

Second, "Windows on WallStreet" is kind of a neat
name, especially for an introductory product.  Didn't
Omega used to sell a "dumbed down SuperCharts"? It
was called something like "Wall Street Wizard"?  I
remember seeing it at a mall software outlet.  Perhaps
Omega is going to re-address that market, which could
be an OK strategy.

Much as we may resent Omega's crummy product
support, and abysmal quality control, if they can do
something that brings in revenues from a source other
than continuing to soak the TradeStation users, then
I am all for it.

Jay Mackro