Re: whats this FEATURE ?

> And the same thing is true for trailing stops you code yourself.

I wasn't thinking straight when I said this.  There *IS* a big
difference between TS built-in stops and hand-coded stops:  TS can
apply the stops **in the current bar**, thus running into the "exit
on same bar as the max high value" problem.  But hand-coded stops can
only apply to the NEXT bar, so you can't exit in the same bar as the
high.

In fact hand-coded stops will tend to be conservative.  Let's say bar
1 sets a new high, and you set a trailing stop based on that.  Then
bar 2 sets a higher high, AND also goes below bar 1's trailing stop.
Depending on the bouncing tick setting, I believe TS might assume the
new high came first, and set (and exit on) a higher trailing stop
based on it, but I'm not 100% sure on that point.  But the hand-coded
stop would be hit by bar 2 before you had a chance to compute a new
higher trailing stop.

So in that respect, hand-coded stops are probably safer than built-in
stops.

But I think my comment that "built-in trailing stops are safe if they
don't exit on the same bar as the new high" is still correct.

But hell, what do I know, it's Friday afternoon...  :-)
Gary