Re: Differences in Real-Time Performance

<<<
The only reason I can postulate is that the ticks get stored in the
data base in a different order than they were received in real time.
(There are many ticks per minute and so lots of ticks have the same
time stamp when viewed in the "Edit Tick" window in the server.)

  I don't know the answer. But having written code to store the
accumulation of ticks every 5 minutes, I can only postulate that a few
things may have occurred when Omega tm wrote the code to store the data.

1...The value used to store or to point to the first line of data stored
     or the first set in a buffer may be initialized improperly(say to 1
     instead of  0 or vice versa) on certain passes
     causing the entire chart to be off by 1 tick or occasionally be thrown
     off by 1 tick.
2...The last value of the realtime bars is the first value of the
     history bars because of a coding error.
3...A "clear()" function in their code is not properly placed causing
     the dll buffers to be flushed at the wrong time or vice versa.

My solution has been to roll my own. However, tick ascii files might
be very bulky and cumbersome .

dbs