RE: PROBLEM in long-term sp backtesting!

I personnaly feel that backajusting the number of contracts is probably the
best method to find out about the "real draw down" or the "real profits" of
a system. I developed (well, i am sure i am not the first who came up with
this idea) a method once, which took the highest high ever (HHE) and devided
it by the actual close of the market and traded the number of contracts
based on that method.

The volatility of the ATR can be temporary high, so it does not give a valid
number for the number of contracts.

Excample of my method:

SP closing price today = 1200 = HHE (lets asume that was the highest high
over the whole period)
SP closing price 1994 = 450
Number of contracts to trade = abs(HHE/C)

Just one of my methods which i occassionaly use. Actually that is one of the
reasons why i like testing and trading the BUND much more, because it
oscilates arround 100. So in my opinion the simple $ stops are more valid
through out all market conditions and more valid then a $1000 stop in the
S&P for excample.

Volker