From: James Parris <jparris@xxxxxxx>
To: Ullrich Fischer <uf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
<omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, October 14, 1999 10:25 AM
Subject: Re: QCHA - where is it? How is it calculated?

An addendum to my previous post:

You can get a similar picture of the market by following the Investor
Intelligence
data that come out every Wed. Not the bull/bear data but the % of stocks
above the
10 wk and 30 wk MA. You can get these data from II directly or from CNBC.
Roy
Bloomberg used to announce the numbers religiously at 11:35 am but Bob
Pisanti is at
the helm now and he announces them whenever he feels like it, so they are
easy to
miss. Last time I checked II was at 914.632.0422. They also (used to) have a
900
number.

Yesterday 27.89% were above the 10 wk MA and 28.45% were above the 30 wk MA.

Jim
llrich Fischer wrote:

> In Martin "Buzzy" Schwartz' book "Pit Bull", he refers to a market breadth
> indicator he calls QCHA.  Where is it?  I've looked through the index
> listings in the TS2Ki symbol universe but haven't been able to find
> it.  Can it be calculated from some of the other indicators?  If so,
> how?  Does anyone know what the QCHA letters stand for?  The definition is
> "the average % movement of all exchange listed stocks on an unweighted
> basis".   Is it a practical joke on Marty's part and really means
"Gotcha"?  -uf