From: J. Rodney Grisham [mailto:grisham@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 08, 1999 11:08 AM
To: SAGEL5@xxxxxxx
Cc: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: TS4.0 AND DATA ON DIFF LOGICAL DRIVE

SAGEL5@xxxxxxx wrote:

> REINSTALLING TS4.0, would like to know if anyone runs the data on a
different
> logical drive, a different path so as to keep data separate from the rest
of
> the program, physically. For example, program except data on >c:
>
>   data on d:
>
> or program on one physical drive and data on a different physical drive

As I recall, TS4 installation gives you the opportunity to specify
where the server data is stored.  If TS4 is already installed,
you can move the server data location.

Shutdown all TS4 components, including the server.  Edit your
c:\windows\or_serve.ini file, say with Notepad.  Change the
location specified for BONNDATA= (or similar name if not for BMI data
service) and WORK=.  The first 3 lines of my file now read:

[Main]
WORK=e:\users\grisham\technix\invest\omega\server
BONNDATA=e:\users\grisham\technix\invest\omega\server\btc

Move the (default) directory tree c:\omega\server to the new
location you specified in c:\windows\or_serve.ini

Crank TS4 up and you're in business.  This question has been asked
periodically on omega-list for years.  So the advice is not new.
I can assure you it works, since I moved my TS4 data to a new disk
just last nignt.

Rod