Re: MB our saviour

>Hear! Hear! for the Linux business model of trading software!

> if this is really so then make traderware freeware. Publish the
> source code - I am sure plenty of people to help you.

> As you have assured us on numerous occasions your trading profits are
> substantial that you can even run charitable exercises like trader
> courses.

Everyone wants free software but so few actually produce it.  The company
where I work is full of unix hackers who are always talking about how great
linux is.  They say "All software should be free."  But when I offer to
upload to the internet the software that we write and sell for $6000 a copy,
they say "Well, not our software!"

> I can't understand why you waste your valuable resources on writing
> software when numerous people would help you.

Linux was produced and is maintained by hackers who all have a general
purpose interest in software.  Trading software has a much smaller following
and only a small subset of that following is capable of programming at the
level required to maintain a high end system.  If you want to help write a
high end piece of trading software, there is already a group out there.  I
can't remember the website right now, but I sure someone else can.  They
bill themselves as the "Linux of Trading Software".  That iniative will not
succeed because they don't have enough qualified people with spare time.
Writing good software takes a long time and requires dedication and
perserverance.  That's why TraderWare is not and should not be free.  If you
want good software, you should pay a reasonable price for it's upkeep.  I'd
be willing to pay Omega full price for BS2K if it worked as advertised.
Sadly I paid a very reduced "upgrade" price and I am quite disappointed.

Kent