Re: So, where's the beef?

From: John Hayden <sente@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ggautier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 1999 4:33 PM
Subject: Re: So, where's the beef?

>Omega should remember what happened with
> Compu-Trac.

I agree - I'm wondering whether Omega will even be in business 5 years from
now.   Bill Cruz's illusion that Omega has worked hard on their 2000 product
line is just one of the many problems Omega faces.

The focus on a 30-day warranty period is another significant problem.   That
is most companies warrant that their products work as documented, not that
their products work for 30 days.    This very short-term focus seems to
prevail through-out the company.

The lack of focus on quality of Omega's products and support is another
significant problem, as is the failure to view their customers as partners
as opposed to someone to be sold something.   Overall I'm not sure Omega has
the management or the correct business model to be successful in the longer
term.    Therefore looking at other available trading products seems very
wise at this point.