TS2000i, Msg Log, FileAppend

I currently have TS2000i on 30-day trial.  After getting it installed,
the first thing I tried to do failed.  What I wanted to do was to print
from an Easy Language study to the Message Log.  IT DOESN'T
WORK.

So then I tried to change the background and foreground color of
the Message Log.  IT DOESN'T WORK.

Ok, so I can't use the Message Log.  Maybe if I print to a file.  This
works fine using the Print statement but since it overwrites the
current file of the same name, I would rather use the FileAppend
statement.  I tried it and guess what?  IT DOESN'T WORK.

Anybody else experience these same problems in TS2000i?

Glenn Pederson
gpeder@xxxxxxxxx