Re: Off Topic - LCD Monitors

I had an NEC LCD1810 and an LCD2010.....dumped both of them
for a pair of Sony F500s. The total cost of =both= F500s was
around that of the 1810 and, personally, I prefer the
picture on the F500. Graphics on all were great but the text
on the F500s was superior.

I ran into some rather severe anomalies with the LCDs. When
I plugged them into my G2 box (which uses a PCI video card),
they were fine =but=, when hooked up to a Millennium AGP I
noticed pronounced streaking and blurring. I called NEC tech
support and the rep told me there were "some issues with AGP
cards".

Like any CRT, the F500 throws off more heat and consumes
more real estate than a comparably-sized LCD. Other than
that, the F500s are simply great......every bit as
distortion-free as LCDs for half the price.

Best regards,
Jim