Incompatibility with Office 2000

That's not all. It turns out, as previously reported on this list, that TS
4.0's ODBC.DLL gets wiped out by Microsoft's Office 2000 installation.
Luckily, Tech Support is on to this one and just has you re-install TS. It
replaces the missing ODBC.DLL file. Hope it didn't scotch anything
Microsoft did.....

> I was amazed to learn that TS2ki does NOT install on new machines running
>the just-released Windows 98 Second Edition.
>  You must remove or re-name the newly up-graded OBDC.dll 's that Microsoft
>includes with Win 98 2nd Ed. TS2ki installs its own out-dated (rev. 96-97)
>OBDC.dll's . Maybe thats why TS2ki is so unstable as these dll's handle the
>access functions for all data.
>
>  Finally after installing TS2ki on my brand new Dell with Win 98 2nd ed it
>still is unstable even  running just EOD data.
>In fact it is more unstable than running under plain old Win 98.
>
>  Omega's "Quality Assurance" department ( some 18 year old drop-out who
>can't read the manuals?) "assures" me that they consider this a SERIOUS
>problem and will address it with a patch. In fact I think this comment may
>have some truth  since Omega is truly concerned that they can't continue to
>sell this dog that won't install on Microsoft's new flag-ship product.
>

>  Paul Lasky

John Sweeney, Interim Editor  Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities
Technical Analysis, Inc.    The Traders' Magazine
4757 California Ave. S.W.   Phone: 206 938-0570  Fax: 206 938-1307
Seattle, WA 98116-4499 USA  Web: http://www.traders.com/
Contents may not reflect official opinion of Technical Analysis, Inc.