Stochastics

Does anyone know the ela or how to write the code for a standard
stochastics, but using exponential instead of simple moving averages.
I'm trying to use a 5 bar stochastics with the standard 3 periods on
which the stochastic is based.  The standard stoch in TS is strangely
written and does not accurately track compared to other stochastics I've
looked at.  When I tried to write the code, the XAverage function would
not accept the variables I was using in the slow stochastics.

Thanks in advance.  You can reply privately if you wish.

Arthur