Thank you - Miracle - Be smarter than I am - (Former Trendline problem)

  • To: omega list <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Thank you - Miracle - Be smarter than I am - (Former Trendline problem)
  • From: Alexander Levitin <alevitin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:53:44 -0700

Dear Comrades:

Thanks.

First, thank you all very much for trying to help me.
To configure the trendline in my build (563) of TS2000i you need to double
Left Click on the trendline. Right Click or Top Bar Format are not working
on that build (even you have the newest video drivers, that has nothing to
do with the problem). The problem is with the software and (according to
Omega) corrected in the latest build Service Pack 2D.

Miracle.

While I was downloading the latest video driver (following the
recommendation of the Omega Tech. support, I received a call. A gentlemen
introduce himself as Omega Research Tech Support Supervisor. He told me
solution of the trendline problem and recommended to download latest
version of  Service Pack 2 (Version 2D) that has not trendline problem. And
wish me a nice day.

Guys, I am almost fainted when I hear the call. And I am somewhat a tough
cookie (I did not fainted when SP went 2 limits down against me). And I am
not the brother-in-law of Bill Cruz. What happened to Omega Research? Did
they learn that Mark Brown is coming with his software soon?

Be smarter then I am.

The "saving call" came to late for me. I already downloaded latest video
driver from Matrox. And guess what? My computer was completely destroyed.
After an hour "heart-to-heart" conversation with Canada (on my telephone
bill) I found out that in order to install Matrox new video driver you have
to uninstall PC Anywhere first, or your computer is dead. That Matrox does
not tell anyone anywhere under no circumstances. Why? Just to make your
life interesting.

So when next time, you receive an advice to install the latest: video
driver, audio driver, screw driver, car driver etc. DO NOT. Just wait, may
be you receive the call from Omega too...

Looking forward to dinner (did not have a bite since the morning).

Smarter Alex..