Re: Creeping Text - Status Line

Comments below ***

<<<<<
donc wrote:

I think that dragging would depend on how many charts you want to have
open.  And like most work-arounds, once you do it once it is easy.   And
the simplicity is relative to the alternatives.  I found the Text_
commands difficult and cumbersome.  And from the recent postings they
don't work predictably.

*** I agree.

>As to your "bright idea". I kinda do that now. As I am unable to hard code
my system, I use >self made tools to give me stops, risk and targets
>quickly.  I place these calculators in subgraph 8, drag them down out of
sight; then by >clicking on any bar can read off the numbers in the Data
Window.
>I also use a P&L indicator which scales down to a single line with only
>the status line showing. By inputting my entry price it shows profit or
>loss in dollars or points.
>
>Ian.

Well, then, it seems to be a good idea !

*** Yes, it is a good idea. I quoted your 'bright idea' as that was the
term you used.

I assume you will use the results of these calculations to take action -
buy, sell, punt.  Constantly monitoring these must be a lot of work.  If
a displayed value indicates you need to do something, why can't it be
used to generate an alert ?

*** There is no need for constant monitoring. As I said, I use these
calculators
(indicators) to give me Stops, Targets and Risk quickly and simply. I use a
Setup and Trigger for entries. During the setup I can see where my Stop
will be.
Clicking on the appropiate bar gives me the Stop price from the DW; at the
same time I can note my risk limit. After I have entered the market,
I click on the entry bar and read off my Target which is volatility based.
Day trading the S&P I find this method to be quick and simple.
Works for me anyway!!

(Drag them out of sight ?  Does this take up screen space? If so, try
using the 'Hidden" property instead of Subgraph 8).

*** A hidden indicator will not give a reading in the Data Window.

donc

<