Re: ELA problem: Buy/Sell at open

> Is there a way to make a order like "buy this bar at open".

I have found no way to do this.  I spoke to Omega about it once and they
replied with the following:

---------------------

There are four types of orders that you can write in Easy Language.  They
are:

                this bar on close
                next bar at market
                next bar at (numeric value) stop
                next bar at (numeric value) limit

Close orders will enter/exit a trade on the close price of the current bar.
Next bar orders, when activated on the current bar, will place an order some
time before the close of the following bar.

Next bar at market will enter/exit on the open of the next bar.  Stop/limit
orders will be filled sometime on the next bar.

----------------

I do some similiar things are you are asking when applying systems to a
daily chart.  I will be on a bar, check some previous bars, and place an
order based off the open tomorrow.  So, the only way to get an order filled
on the open is to place the order on the preceding bar.

I'll just make up something give you an example of what you could do if you
are interested in gaps:

            if (open tomorrow > high) then
                buy tomorrow on open;  (could also say buy tomorrow at
market)

Hope this helps.  The bottom line is that to have an order filled on the
open of a bar, you will have had to generate the order on the previous bar.
That's just the way that it is.

Rod Maupin