Re:maximum numbers of elements in an array

Philippe

What is crashing your machine is not the array part of your code but the
PRINT COMMAND. Put up a resource meter (such as wmen.exe from the Omega
web site or the one from windows System Tools) and watch your user
resources go from about 35K to 0 as you increase the number of array
elements. It is the print command that is suck them up. I can only get
to 1400 array elements before the print command causes a crash (you must
be running Win 98). According to Omega, win NT can handle the print
command dealing with large numbers of items. I can not use TS2K for
program debugging due to the print command crashing my machine (w95,
400MHz, 256M).

Remove the print command and instead use:  plot1(myarray[counter], "") .
Doing this, I got up to 49,000 elements in the array (I stop here as
this proved the point) with no slow down.

I have called Omega personnel’s attention to this problem. Their
solution was to upgrade to win NT. I do not want to do that right now.
I’ll wait for win 2000 (NT 5). Would any of you who use w95/98 please
let Omega know that this condition is unacceptable and will they fix it?

Wayne