Re: omega-digest Digest V99 #409

  • To: Mben@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: omega-digest Digest V99 #409
  • From: "Paul M. Zislis" <pzislis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 06:10:16 -0700

I think default contracts under the costs tabs only associates the
commission, slippage and margin numbers with that parameter.

In any case, you can trade multiple contracts by adding an input to your
system, e.g, NumConts (1), and when buying or selling, use the Contracts
keyword to explicitly set the number of contracts you want to trade,
e.g.,
Buy NumConts Contracts at xx Stop;

If you do this you can change the number of contracts to be traded by
doing format on the specific system on a specific chart.  You can have
different systems have different default number of contracts to trade.
Caveat - if you try to get into closing out a multiple contract trade
with more than a single ExitLong/ExitShort, life gets complicated.  But
just to move from all trades of 1 contract to all trades of N contracts,
you can use the method I described.

You can also hard code Buy yy Contracts at xx Stop, but that is far less
flexible than using an input.

Paul Zislis