Re: Omega Research 2000i Millennium Tour

I attended the Omega Research 2000i Millennium Tour in Denver last night.
It was held at the Marriott Midtown.  Nice accommodations.  Attendance was
not real good, probably about 30.  I would say the room was half empty.
Omega had seven people there.  Excellent video projection.  Two presenters.
One showed Trade Station, creating show me bars, a very simple system (key
reversal), and optimization.  Then another fellow showed Radar Station and
Option Station.  Not a great presentation.  I think a rank beginner would
have been lost. To be honest, the software didn't seem that impressive to me
and I actually expected a better presentation from Omega.  Enough veggies,
chips, drinks, and cookies to last a week.  Nice people from Omega. No hard
sell, in fact, no sign up pitch at all.  They had a drawing for Jack
Schwager tapes.  I didn't win, darn it.  Got talking to the guy behind me.
He owns TS2000i.  Said it's a mess, virtually unusable for real time
trading.  Found out that the "i" stands for internet.  As I left, a guy was
trying to get an upgrade for $99.  Said he bought TS4.0 at this same show
(same room he said) last year.  The Omega presenter at that time said there
was a new version coming out in 1999 and he could upgrade for $99.  The guy
call Omega sales this year to upgrade and said the Omega phone salesman
disavowed any knowledge of such a deal.  As I walked out the door the fellow
had his last years sales slip out (4.0 still wasn't paid off on
installments) and Omega had the paperwork out for a $99 upgrade.  Looks like
there was going to be a deal.

When I called a couple of months ago I was quoted $1300 for an upgrade from
TS 4.0 Build 21.  I told them to take a flying leap.  I called a couple
weeks ago and the offer was now $499.  I bought.  Paid $30 for overnight
(ha!) shipping.  Today, two weeks later, I'm still waiting for the shipment.
Guy at the Omega presentation last night said he knew of no shipment backlog
and gave me his card in case he could be of help. The Omega saga
continues....

Dave