ADSL/i-net downtime

Wow. This sounds like a state-of-the-art internet setup and
it's only up 90% of the time?:(

  I'd say this warrants a satellite hookup as the primary.

Is this the norm for all the i-net traders out there?

dbs

<<<
I use ADSL/Hyperfeed setup and it works quite well when the internet is
working well.  (about 90% of the time.)  But there are some factors that
I am discovering that are sometimes frustrating, that is, the UUnet
backbone in Chicago sometimes has high packet loss and results in what
appears to be a "down" server.  This does not happen all the time, but
it happens enough to warrant a second data feed like BMI broadcast to a
second computer running TS3.51 or TS4.0 if you are trading intra-day.