Re: PC Quote Hyperfeed

John,

I use ADSL/Hyperfeed setup and it works quite well when the internet is
working well.  (about 90% of the time.)  But there are some factors that
I am discovering that are sometimes frustrating, that is, the UUnet
backbone in Chicago sometimes has high packet loss and results in what
appears to be a "down" server.  This does not happen all the time, but
it happens enough to warrant a second data feed like BMI broadcast to a
second computer running TS3.51 or TS4.0 if you are trading intra-day.
Their servers DO go down once in a great while, but they are trying very
hard to overcome their own new product gliches.  Otherwise, it is a lot
more stable than it used to be and the quotes are FAST.  I get every
tick.

If you have any questions I recommend emailing the head of Hyperfeed
Tech support, who also monitors this list, Mike Dienes <
MDienes@xxxxxxxxxxx > who has been very helpful with both Hyperfeed and
TS2k.  Infact, I would rather ask TS2k questions to Mike than call Omega
Tech support.

Bob Perry
San Jose, CA