Re: Yea Yea!

EUREX is great but my English speaking friends think it sounds like something to do with urology....kinda puts you off. At 05:58 PM 08/17/1999 +0200, hans esser wrote: dont worry - you all can STILL trade bunds (more volume than bonds anyway) or other futures, since nearly ten years at the fully electronic and FULLY working EUREX (no1. worldwide futures exchange)  :-))) rgds hans > August 16, 1999        Number 377 > > > To: Project A Managers, Project A Terminal Operators, Master Terminal > Operators, and Members > > Subject: Project A Update > > > The following is a letter from President Donovan to CBOT members > updating them on the Project A situation. > > > Dear Members: > > Following the intermittent MCI WorldCom network outage that shut down > Project A throughout much of last week, Project A trading resumed as > scheduled last night at 6:00 p.m. with our full emergency backup plan > and the MCI WorldCom network.  Project A trading terminals worldwide are > now functioning normally. > > Throughout last night, our emergency backup Project A trading plan was > in place in case the MCI WorldCom network failed again.  This backup > plan was a financial and logistical hardship for some of our members and > member firms, but it ensured ongoing trading opportunities for Project A > users affected by the MCI WorldCom outage. > > In my phone call to MCI WorldCom CEO Bernard Ebbers this morning, he > informed me the MCI WorldCom network is 100 percent reliable for Project > A trading.  Over the weekend, MCI WorldCom shut down its data network > and reverted to a prior version of system software - essentially taking > its system back to ground zero.  This was a drastic measure, > highlighting the severity of MCI WorldCom's customer service plight. > However, the positive results of MCI WorldCom's work over the weekend > demonstrate they appear to have taken an important step toward resolving > their problem.  Therefore, based on MCI WorldCom's assurances and the > concerns of our member firms relating to the hardships and additional > costs of the backup trading plan, we are disengaging our backup plan > today. > > The CBOT has been proactive in dealing with the MCI WorldCom network > problems, beginning with my meeting with top MCI WorldCom executives two > days before the first outage occurred and subsequent discussions with > CEO Bernard Ebbers.  We remain in constant communications with MCI > WorldCom to monitor network activity, and special procedures are in > place to ensure Project A continues to be a major priority for MCI > WorldCom system engineers. > > This MCI WorldCom outage has been frustrating for CBOT members and > customers around the world, and we appreciate your patience and > understanding.  I will keep you updated on further developments. > >      Sincerely, > > > >      Thomas R. Donovan > >