Re: To upgrade or not to ..?

From: Finn Larson <larson@xxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 1999 1:59 PM
Subject: To upgrade or not to ..?

> Dear Omega users,
>
> I'm still thinking about upgrading to PS2000i and probably
> someone can help me in my decision:
>
> 1. I'm DBC/Sat user and very unhappy with TS4.0 news monitor.
> I'm subscribed to some analisys that are transmited with
> attachments / articles and TS4.0 news monitor can not receive/read
> them, even upgraded to build 23. The only way to receive articles
> is kill TS4.0 server and start DBC DataManager. Any solution??
> TS2000i works via DBC DataManager -> I'm forced to upgrade because
> of news reader? Or I just mis-coufigured something??

You will be able to run both DBC Signal Software AND TSY2K with its
GlobalServer at the same time
Then you will have "3 users" connected to the data manager, usually you only
have 2
ANd you can get the News with DBC while TSY2K is running.
I've just verifyied it, now.

> 2. TS4.0 server was able to deliver historical data via DDE in
> different resolutions (tick, min, hour, day) [At least this is
> written in manual]. TS2000i does not support DDE -> how you access
> historical data ?? Is it possible at all??

With TSY2K, you still use DBC Data manager, therefore, you can still use DDE
Links.

But the COM technology is very usefull, now, that's why even there are still
some minor bugs I do recommand you to upgrade to TSY2K with Win NT 4 SP4  or
SP5.

I do not know with TS4, but the problem is that you're unable to import tick
by tick data using ASCII files with TST2K !! you'll get only daily data.

> 3. Can anyone let me have a look PS2000i documentation before I
> commit to upgrade? I understand that I can buy upgrade and return
> if I'm not happy but I'll loose significant money on shipping and
> customs clearance (I'm not in US). Paper copies is OK, I'll pay
> for shipping, copying and warries.

Omega didn't provide any paper documentation at all !!!, everything is in
the help of the software and the Knowledge base recently created in their
website.

Greetings from Paris,
Philippe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx