[Fwd: Is DTN a good feed? or does it depend on the software?]

  • To: omega-list <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [Fwd: Is DTN a good feed? or does it depend on the software?]
  • From: richard tobiassen <rtobiass@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 19:43:43 -0700

Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 22:35:34 -0400
From: richard tobiassen <rtobiass@xxxxxxx>
To: Mark Brown <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have been told by omega that I am the only one with problems.........I have
tried to get the net change on indexes on the quote monitor since i got
ts2000........Well, here is the latest tale(I copied and pasted the responce
they gave me-left off the name of the tech person out of kindness)
"QouteMonitor does no have  net change(day)  /  % change(day) indicator ,
these indicators are only available in RadarScreen.  I called DTN, they do
not send previous close for indices , due this is not possible for you to
collect (net change / % change) values for indices. In order to collect data
in this indicator you can, buy RadarScreen, Change DataFeed, or make your
own indicator and apply to a chart ( you can not add indicators to
QuoteMonitor)---"
I guess omega does not have it up to par with dtn---I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY
SUGGESTED CHANGING DATAFEEDS--DTN IS THE ONLY REASON I UPGRADED
good trading
rich t