Re: Datafeed

At 22:10 08/08/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Simon I beg to differ. It totally depends on the Market you trade.
>If you trade the FTSE or DAX the USA providers are one of the worse.<

The chap's original email only mentioned the fact that he was interested in
the S&P 500 futures market, not FTSE or DAX.  My recommendation was based
only on what he said he needed.  He said he wanted a cheap, reliable RT feed
to trade the SP using TS 4.0.  His email address was .nl (the Netherlands)
not .de.  DBC Signal therefore is the only datafeed that meets all of his
criteria.

If you compare the tick count of the likes of (unsupported TS) feeds like
BIS and Tenfore with that of Signal for the S&P 500 futures market, BIS and
Tenfore have about 30% fewer ticks in any given trading day.  I compared
tick counts with a UK customer of BIS and this ratio was consistent over
many trading days. This loss of ticks is a disaster for anyone who wants to
daytrade the S&P.  I neither know nor care how the various feeds transmit
their data.  The fact remains that if you are only getting 70% of the ticks
coming through on the SP, you cannot trade with that datafeed!!  I have
directly compared  BIS and Signal for the SP market.  I cannot speak for
FTSE or DAX but that was not his question anyway.

In sum, if you live in Europe and want a cheap (ish), reliable RT datafeed
to use with TS 4.0 for the SP 500 market ....DBC Signal is the obvious
choice.  Either that or splash out on Comstock or Futursource if you can
afford it, or be prepared to use unsupported feeds like BIS and Tenfore with
the subsequent loss of data.

My recommendation was based on his specific needs and criteria.

Simon.